I bought some surface mount black light leds by accident. I decided to use a couple on this mask.
They are soldered to 32awg copper wires, which was a challenge to do with a regular soldering iron. I lost a couple more leds in the battle.They are powered by a 3V lithium button battery.
- Two 0603 UV/Purple Super bright SMD SMT LED (get 4 or 6 in case you screw up) – $2.50/50
- 32AWG varnished copper wire (used to do choke wiring or electromagnets) – $3.50/400ft roll
- 1 CR2032 3V button cell
- two tiny blobs of hot glue to encase the soldered LED to protect soldering job
- two tiny bits of black plastic to put behind the LEDs to block light from the eyes.
- one scary mask
- duct tape to hold wires and battery behind the mask.
- some UV reactive acrylic paint for decoration of parts lit up by the LEDs.
Each LED uses 20 milliAmps, so 40mA, a CR2032 is rated 225mAH, so you get about 6 hours of light.
I suspect this will get destroyed in one evening.
… Well it survived one night of partying.